Introducing Secure Checking!
As your trusted financial partner, protecting our members is important to us. Your funds on deposit at Altana are protected and secure. Your credit card has built-in fraud protection.
We have procedures in place to protect your checking account such as monitoring
unusual account activity, and taking immediate action to prevent and mitigate
But what about your identity? What if someone steals your wallet and takes your name? What about your medical identity and records? What about your children’s identity?
We are pleased to introduce the benefits of our new Secure Checking Account:
- No minimum balance requirements
- No per check charges
- Free online banking, mobile banking, online bill pay, check images
- Free eStatements & Alerts
- Free ATM and/or Debit card with access to free ATMs
- Earn interest with an average daily balance of $2,500 or greater
- Age 55+ receive 2 free boxes of checks per year
- IDProtect® – Identity Theft Protection Service with credit monitoring
Another benefit is that you only need one account to protect your family. This security is not available on business accounts and is intended to protect individual families.
Every two seconds, another American becomes the victim of identity fraud. Identity theft incidences increased in 2013 for the third consecutive year, affecting over 13 million consumers and costing $18 billion1. Recouping expenses and clearing your credit takes money and time.
What is IDProtect® Identity Theft Protection?
You, your joint account holders and your family will receive the following identity theft protection service benefits2, which will prevent or immediately begin the steps to repair your identity. Some require you to register and activate at no additional charge:
- Credit Monitoring – daily credit report monitoring and automated alerts of changes to credit reports
- Total Identity Monitoring – continuous monitoring of over 1,000 databases including credit, Social Security, public records, real property records, telephone and many others
- 3-in-1 Credit Report – request a new report every 90 days or upon receipt of a credit alert
- Credit Score – receive new single bureau credit score with every new credit report
- All Debit and Credit Cards are Covered – register all your cards for complete coverage (not just Altana cards)
- Fully Managed Identity Theft Resolution Services – a dedicated fraud specialist to manage your case
- Identity Theft Recovery Case Plan – to inform you of the recovery process
- Up to $10,000 Identity Fraud Expense Reimbursement Coverage3 – for expenses to help clear your name and repair damaged credit, including attorney fees, calls, certified mail as well as lost wages
- Online Identity Theft News Center and Valuable Phone and Web Resources
Visit www.IDProtectMe247.com to learn more about IDProtect®. Contact us at any location or by calling 406-651-AFCU (2328) about how you can take advantage of these benefits. Together we can minimize the pain and hassle of identity theft, and ensure your peace of mind.
If you are ready to make the switch to Secure Checking, please check out our online switch kit or contact us to learn more! To further protect yourself, check out our free booklet, Preventing ID Theft 101.
1 Javelin Strategy and Research. Identity Fraud Survey Report, February 2014.
2 ELIGIBILITY: IDProtect service is a personal identity theft protection service available to personal checking account owners, their natural person joint account owners and their eligible family members (as defined below). The service is available to nonpublicly traded businesses and their business owner(s) listed on the account and their eligible family members (service not available to employees or authorized signers who are not owners). For revocable grantor trusts, the service is available only when a grantor is serving as a trustee and covers the grantor trustee(s) and their eligible family members. For all other fiduciary accounts, the service covers the beneficiary, who must be the primary member, and the beneficiary’s eligible family members (Fiduciary is not covered). Service is not available to a “signer” on the account who is not an account owner. Service is not available to clubs, organizations and/or churches and their members, schools and their employees/students. Eligible Family Members include: Spouse, persons qualifying as domestic partner, and children under 25 years of age and parent(s) who are residents of the same household.
3 Identity theft insurance underwritten by insurance company subsidiaries or affiliates of American International Group, Inc. The description herein is a summary and intended for informational purposes only and does not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the policy described. Please refer to actual policy for terms, conditions, and exclusions of coverage. Coverage may not be available in all jurisdictions. Your certificate of coverage is enclosed.
Insurance product is not a deposit; not NCUA insured; not an obligation of credit union; and not guaranteed by credit union or any affiliated entity.