Today’s topic can be the foundation of a successful savings goal. We’re talking about how to save automatically – like a pro!
Here are SEVEN tried-and-true effective saving techniques:
- Just start even if it’s small. $1 of savings is $1 more you than you had before. Find a small amount that works for you to put away into a savings account. Now, do it consistently and watch your money grow!
- Make those transfers automatic. If you’re in your online banking account, this is easy to complete!
- Log in to online banking – at the top of your account’s home page, find “Transfers.”
- Select a “New” transfer.
- Decide which accounts to transfer between (usually checking to savings is the way to go!)
- Fill in the amount and period you’d like these transfers to occur.
- Watch your savings increase!
- Find ways to create a secondary income and assign that to your savings only. A second, part-time job or selling your no-longer-needed items can earn you extra cash. However, don’t delay putting that in your savings!
- Ask your employer to complete an automatic split-deposit each pay period. Diverting some of your income to savings before you see it is a surefire way to grow that income.
- Make small, daily changes. And, ask yourself if your savings goals outweigh your daily wants. Usually, the answer is yes. However, the discipline behind that philosophy needs to be reliable – we won’t lie. But, if you continue to put your “why” ahead of your “wants,” your goal becomes clear and ever more relevant to you.
- Link up with someone to hold you accountable. Your partner, your mom, and your best friend are all people who should have your best interest at heart. However, your accountability partner doesn’t always have to be someone you know! There are plenty of “savers” groups online full of like-minded people that are ready to share tips, stories, and encouraging words! There’s power in numbers – get to saving together!
- Use a savings account that rewards you big time. As a credit union, we love to reward your good habits with incredible rates on savings accounts. We’ve got savings accounts for the beginner and the seasoned spender – you set the tone, and we’ll dish the rewards.
- If you’re just getting started, a great way to kick off your savings journey is through a free Kasasa Checking account. When you open up a Kasasa Checking account, you also open up a Kasasa Saver account. At the end of each month, we reward you for using your debit card the way you already do! Those cash rewards automatically deposit into your saver account and grow, right under your nose! Talk about making saving automatically easy!
If you’re ready to kick off your savings goals – we’re prepared to help you get started! Let’s meet! We’re here to support you and answer any questions.