- Two Midland Empire Chapter Scholarship awards will be granted in the amount of $1,000 each.
- Eligibility: The applicant must be a member of a Credit Union within the Midland Empire Chapter. These scholarships apply to any accredited college, graduate school, or secondary education facility.
- One scholarship will be awarded to a traditional student, defined as a graduating high school senior or someone in college with less than a three-year gap since high school. One scholarship, called the Ray Harris Memorial Scholarship will be awarded to a non-traditional student, defined as someone who was out of school for at least three years and has returned.
- Due Date: Completed applications and all required materials must be submitted to your credit union no later than March 1, 2024. Scholarships will be awarded at the April 2024 meeting of the Midland Empire Chapter of Credit Unions.
- Application Materials: The following items must be included with the application. Missing items will cause the application to be removed from consideration:
- Completed and signed application form.
- Two letters of recommendation from non-relatives. If you are currently enrolled in a school, one letter should be from a faculty member.
- A copy of your most recent school transcript.
- A photo of the applicant for publicity purposes.
- A brief letter, not to exceed 300 words, addressing the following:
- Your need for a scholarship and how a scholarship would benefit you.
- A statement of your educational goals.
- Include any additional information you would like the scholarship committee to consider.
The applicant’s signature is required for completion of this form. By signing this form, the applicant authorizes the Midland Empire Chapter to use their photo for media publishing.
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
You can save your application to keep working on it later. Click the Save & Continue button at the bottom of the application, then scroll back down to the bottom of the page for your link to access the application at a later date and to email the link to yourself. Uploaded files will not be saved for later and must be uploaded at the time you are ready to submit your application.