Visa Credit and Debit Card Security Features
Altana Federal Credit Union has partnered with Falcon Fraud Protection from Fidelity National Services (FIS) to safeguard your Visa credit and debit cards against fraud. Your card activity will be monitored 24 hours a day, 7 days a week searching for suspicious activity.
If suspicious activity occurs, a telephone call is made to the number Altana has listed as your home phone. Therefore, it is extremely important for us to have a current phone number where you can be contacted.
The caller will begin the call by:
- Identifying the call is from Altana’s Card Services Center.
- Confirming if the recipient is the cardholder [Your Name Spoken].
If you are available…
- The system will verify your identity by prompting entry of the last four digits of your social security number.
- Once your identity has been confirmed, you will be prompted to identify the transaction(s) in question as “legitimate” or “suspect” by using your telephone keypad.
If deemed legitimate the call is completed and no further action will be taken. If deemed suspect, your call will be forwarded to a Fraud Representative for further action.
If you are unavailable…
- An automated system will leave a message asking you to return the call, and provides a toll free number.
- If the automated dialer reaches an answering machine or voicemail, the following message(s) will be left for you:
“Hello. This message is for [Your Name]. This is the Service Center for Altana Federal Credit Union’s Visa Credit Card account. We are calling to verify recent activity that has appeared on your account. Please give us a call at 1-800-437-9392. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Again, the telephone number is 1-800-437-9392. Thank you.”
There is no additional cost for this extra security. At Altana, our goal is to protect our members from the risk associated with fraud and identity theft.
Please remember to frequently review your account activity and never hesitate to contact an Altana Representative at 406-651-2328 or toll free 1-800-221-7555 for assistance on your account.