Identity Theft Tips
- Don’t give out personal information without knowing who you’re dealing with.
- Shred your garbage! Papers such as bills, ATM receipts, account statements, store receipts, prescreened credit card offers, and any other documents containing personal information.
- Don’t use your home mailbox or an out-basket at work to mail correspondence or bills that contain personal information.
- Pay attention to billing cycles. If your bills don’t arrive on time, contact creditors.
- Don’t put your Social Security number on checks and don’t carry the card in your wallet.
- Look over your statements each month for unauthorized charges or suspicious activity.
- If checks you ordered don’t arrive when expected, notify the credit union.
- Make a copy of financial and insurance cards you carry in your wallet (front and back) and keep it in a safe place. If your wallet is lost or stolen you’ll have all the information you need to promptly and accurately report the loss.
Call 406-651-AFCU EmailVisit Meet