Tues, Jan 31st
- Bear Paw locations will close at 1:00 pm
Wed, Feb 1st
- Bear Paw locations will be closed. Online services will not be available. You may continue to use your Bear Paw debit and credit cards.
Thurs, Feb 2nd
- All locations will open!
- To check your accounts on your desktop: click the log-in in the upper right corner of this page, and enter your existing Bear Paw username and password! Tada!! If you do not have established log in credentials, you may enroll! If you have forgotten your username and password, you can reset your password.
- To check your accounts on your mobile device: First download our app! Then use your Bear Paw credentials to log-in.
- If you are unable to reset you password or ulock your online (mobile) account, please call our support center at 406-651-AFCU (2328).
- Activate your Altana cards and begin using them! Destroy your Bear Paw cards. They will no longer work after February 6th, 2023.
- If you removed the sticker from the front of your card and lost it, and can’t activate your card, no worries! Simply call 1-800-290-7893 to activate your card or call the support center for assistance at 406-651-AFCU (2328).
- If you have questions or concerns, please stop into your local branch or call our support center at 406-651-AFCU (2328).
Message from Albert Vukasin, Bear Paw President CEORead Letter
Message from Jason Hagadone, Altana President CEORead letter
- Tues, Jan. 31st Bear Paw locations will close early at 1:00pm.
- Wed, Feb. 1st Bear Paw locations will be closed while we merge the data. Online services will not be available. Your Bear Paw credit and debit cards will continue to work as normal, so you have access to your funds.
- Thurs, Feb. 2nd Locations will open, data will be merged, new Altana online services will be live and Altana cards will be ready to be activated.
Member Checklist on Feb 2nd, 2023:
- Activate the Altana Credit and/or Debit Cards you received in the mail by following the instructions on the sticker on the front of the card. Once activated, your Altana cards replaces your Bear Paw card. Please note: Your Bear Paw cards will no longer work after February 6, 2023.
- Please remember: Update payment information tied to your Bear Paw Credit or Debit Card, to your new Altana Visa Credit/Debit Card number and expiration date. ie: gym memberships, Netflix, Amazon accounts, PayPal, utility bills, etc. that you have set up to pay from your debit or credit card.
ONLINE / MOBILE BANKING
- Log into your online banking on a desktop (use your Bear Paw username and password) or download the Altana Mobile App from Google Play or the Apple App Store and log-in to your accounts (use your existing Bear Paw username and password).
Cards - What to Expect
Our card vendor will mail cards in batches. Some will begin early in December and continue through January. These cards will replace your Bear Paw ATM, Debit and/or Credit cards when we merge. If you don’t have your new card by January 23rd, please let us know and we’ll add you to our list for instant issue/reissue. Please keep the card in a safe place. Your Bear Paw cards will continue to work as usual. Activate your new Altana card on Thurs, Feb 2nd, 2023 and begin using it. After it's activated, and you verify it's working, destroy your old Bear Paw card before Feb 6th, 2023!More Card Information
YOUTH ACCOUNT CHANGE:
If you have a Credit Union for Kids Account and are ages 0-11, it’ll be converted to a Cubby Club Savings. Kids ages 12-18 will be converted to our FYI Teen Club. If you have a Credit Union for Kids Certificate, it’ll change to either a Cubby or FYI Certificate, based on age.
Credit Union for Kids: Please redeem your points by January 9th, 2023.
CHECKING ACCOUNT CHANGE:
If you have a Credit Union Loyalty Checking, it’ll change to an Xtra Cash Checking. You’ll earn 2.25% APY* on your checking balance up to $25,000 and up to $25 in ATM withdrawal fee refunds. We’ll forgive overdraft fees if the amount is below $10. See how easy it is to qualify.
YOUR EXISTING CHECKS:
You may continue to use up your Bear Paw checks for up to three years! When you re-order, just be sure to re-order from Altana’s website so they’re updated.
*APY = annual percentage yield. Rates are subject to change without notice.
Q: I have a loan with Bear Paw. Are my loan documents still valid?
A: Yes. All existing loan documents and ancillary loan product documents are valid and there’s no need for any additional documents.
Q: I have a car loan with Bear Paw, do I need to notify my car insurance company of the merger/name change?
A: It’s not necessary, but it would be helpful.
ONLINE AND MOBILE BANKING: Steps to take on Feb 2nd, 2023
- Download Altana’s App from Google Play or the Apple App Store or access it from Altana’s homepage anytime!
- Log in with your existing Bear Paw username and password
- Follow the set-up steps
Your bill pays and account history will be available!
Please Note: After February 2nd, when you pay a bill, you will now pick the date you want the funds to arrive to the payee (instead of the date the funds will come out of your account).
Want to change your account?
No problem! If you have a Bear Paw Savings or Checking account and you’d like to change it to an account that’s different than the one we pre-selected for you, we would be happy to assist you. Simply stop by any location after Feb 2nd or contact us, and we’ll make sure to take care of your request.
Let’s talk! Call 406-651-AFCU (2328) or 800-221-7555.
Questions? Call Bear Paw at 406-265-9626
Questions for Altana? Call 406-651-AFCU (2328)